If you didn’t know already, we play sports. There is a lot of physical activity involved. While doing this event people trip, slip, fall down, run into each other, and other unpleasantries. Bumps and bruises happen, it’s part of the sport. It will be dark, and slippery, there are low hanging tree branches here and there, there are stumps, and there are some rocks. These all have the same hazards that are listed above.
By showing up to this event, you understand that there is a chance you could slip, hit your head, sprain an ankle, lose or break personal property, and lots of other unpleasant stuff. By showing up to this event, you agree that injuries, lost items, broken items, or anything other unpleasantries are not the fault of the organizers, and you alone are responsible. We don’t want to scare you, these events are really fun and enjoyable for everyone. Videographers and photographers will be at this event. Participant agrees to allow the event producer (Bubble) and other promoters to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes. I grant permission for my name to be published and all other personal identifiers (location & Social Media handles) as listed above to be published. Let’s keep it that way… with a basic understanding of liability. In the end, we live in a world with too many lawyers, so we’re writing this here to be extra clear about these events.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I, (Your Name)_______________________________________(herein after referred to as “Participant”), hereby acknowledge and agree to the following for the Flash mob event: (HEREIN AFTER REFERRED TO AS “THE EVENT”)
1. My involvement and/or participation in “the event” is voluntary, and I am acting under my own free will.
2. I do not have any medical ailments, physical limitations, or mental disabilities that will affect my ability to participate in “the event”.
3. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian for the event and are the guardian responsibility.
4. Participant must abide by all instructions given from the race director, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
5. Videographers and photographers will be at “the event”. Participant agrees to allow the event producer (Bubble) and other promoters to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes. I grant permission for my name to be published and all other personal identifiers (location & Social Media handles) as listed above to be published.
6. I assume all liability associated with “the event”, including, but not limited to the following:
a) Participation in “the event” may involve RISKS AND DANGERS, as does any roadway activity, including BODILY INJURY, PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“risks”);
b) The SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES and/or damages which could result from those risks COULD BE SEVERE;
c) These risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, street conditions, temperature, weather, physical condition of participants, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, and/or producers of the event.
d) These risks and dangers may be caused by the participants own actions, or in actions, the actions or in actions of others, the rules of “the event”, the condition and layout of the prescribed course, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES: NAMED ABOVE;
e) There may be OTHER RISKS NOT KNOWN TO ME, or that are not readily foreseeable at this time.
7. I am 100% liable for all expenses incurred as a result of any bodily injury or property damage during my participation in “the event”.
8. I will conduct myself in an appropriate manner, consistent with all laws and regulations. I understand and agree that, although I have been supplied with certain information for “the event”, the nature of “the event” does not permit me to inspect the prescribed course or any portion of the prescribed course or the immediately adjacent areas thereof with which I may come in contact during “the event” prior to my participation. I understand and agree that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all necessary precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further in “the event”.
7. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the promoters, participants, officials, crew members, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct “the event”,premises and event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions, or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the premises of “the event” and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, and employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasees,” FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, his/her personal representative, assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN DEATH OF THE UNDERSIGNED ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO “THE EVENT”, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
BY CHECKING THE BOX BELOW, I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING. I FURTHER CERTIFY THAT I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY ALL RULES AND REGULATION OF “THE EVENT”.